Battle Of The Drugstore Mascaras





Hey glamouristas! Today i have Glam City's first battle between drug store mascaras! The 4 that are battling today are two Maybelline and two Covergirl mascaras. I have tried Revlon Mascaras and i didnt like any of them, also i have heard good things about Loreal mascaras but i haven't got a chance to try any. 


Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara in Blackest Black










"Break every law of lengthening. 4mm of measurable extensions! Sealing formula + fiber-fix brushWaterproof"  Maybelline.com

Don't get me wrong I love Maybelline products. However, i feel like they exaggerated this product a little. It does make my lashes longer, but not 4mm. Here are some more thoughts on this mascara. 


The Brush and Formula:



        This brush is really unique, it is as if its on an angle. I really love it because it allows me to get into the corners of my eyes easily. Also i find it separates my lashes well:





















Overall the formula is okay, it definitely is waterproof and doesn't clump but i find it gives my lashes no volume. I know its called illegal length, but i still wish it could give me a little boost. 
Mascara is on left eye, as in all pictures on this page







Covergirl Lashblast Fusion in Very Black



Experience COVERGIRL's first ever volume + length mascara! The fiberstretch formula and oversized brush make every little lash bigger, fuller, longer-looking, and more dramatic.* Covergirl.com










So basically this is supposed to combine CoverGirls Lashblast Length mascara and Lashblast Volume mascara into one. It does do what it promises by giving your lashes volume and length. 


The Brush and Formula:

  
I like this brush, but i don't love it. I like the size, it makes it easier to get multiple lashes at once, but it is a little bit harder to get the corner lashes. The formula is okay. I find that it is a little bit runny. 


 



Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express Flared Mascara in Very Black



"FALSE LASH GLAM IN A TUBE - NOW GOES FLARED! 
300% MORE VISIBLE LASHES. Winged out & over the top, instantly!" Maybelline.com








Volume? Yes! This mascara gives me ALOT of volume. However, it doesnt make my lashes as full as  i would like them to be. 



The Brush and Formula:


I love this brush! It is creative, and gives me alot of volume. The formula does tend to clump a little, but overall is great. 









CoverGirl LashBlast Volume in Very Black



"Get a blast of lush, volumized lashes! LashBlast's patented volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big-lash look." Covergirl.com






This mascara gives me so much volume and makes my lashes look so full!! 




The Brush and Formula:

This brush is basically the same as the Lash Blast Fusion. I like that its big but it is a little harder to get the corners of your eyes. 


As for the formula, i love it! It gives me a lot of volume, and makes my lashes look really full. Also it isnt runny like the Lash Blast fusion. 







Packaging and price:

As for packaging all these products have very good packaging. The price of the products range from around 6-8 dollars depending where you get them from.


THE WINNER!

So which mascara was the most glamorous? I have to give it to the CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion! I have even tried upper end products also and i always come back to this one! It lasts all day and i love the everything about it! Remember this is only my opinion and other people may think differently. Also if you have any questions or comments leave them below or email us at GlamCity2@gmail.com. Don't forget to follow so you can get emails every time we put up a new post! Have a glamorous night. 



Giana





     





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Glam City © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects